Wednesday, October 28, 2015

My 15 Surprise Minutes of Fame

A couple of months ago I was asked by The Dolls' House Magazine if I would submit a couple of pictures for the "Get the Look" section of September's issue.  Of course I said yes and submitted a few pictures of the Amoeba table that I have listed on Etsy.  

I heard back from that they didn't get my e-mail with the pictures, so I sent them again...twice.  For some reason they didn't get them.  Needless to say I was a little disappointed that they didn't get there.  That was OK because there were several other fabulous modern and mid-century modern miniaturists that made the spread and the cover like:

Modern Mini Houses.  You can see the cover on her blog HERE

GG's Dolls Here

The Shopping Sherpa Here

Alice's Miniatures Here

Anyway, I bought the September issue online because of the modern miniatures spread.  As I was looking at it, my husband pointed out that a sofa looked a lot like one that I made.  I said no, that it had to be one that was just similar...after closer inspection it is the one I made!






10 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw the sofa in the magazine, I thought, I know who made that! If you have issues with pictures in the future, use Dropbox. You upload, you send them a link and password and they can view and download them. Even my least tech savvy family members can view them. Congrats on the feature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently, I am in the least tech savvy category. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Enhorabuena por la publicación. Estupenda sorpresa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you! (And next time, ask them if they have Dropbox or similar)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Cyd. Chuffed to bits for you that your fab miniatures are in the magazine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can imagine your dissapointment, but it's certainly a nice surprise that something did end up in the magazine after all another way, congratulations on that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! The sofa looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so exciting! Congratulations on the well deserved press!!!

    ReplyDelete